GSP-1720 Power Management and Timing Requirements
The Globalstar document GSP-1720 Timing Requirements – Usage Specifications provides power management requirements, signal and interface timing requirements and other essential guidelines for use of the GSP-1720. If the procedures are followed, the GSP-1720 will provide highly reliable service for years
IMPORTANT: Compliance with these timing specs and procedures is essential. (available HERE)
- The Benefits of Compliance
- It is easy to implement the procedures
- The modem will work perfectly the first time and thereafter, for years
- The Problem with Non-Compliance
- If the procedures are NOT followed, the GSP-1720 will often appear to become erratic and unpredictable
- If the integrator continues to add new sequences and operations without fixing the timing/procedure problems, the reliability will only get worse.
- In particular, do NOT implement regular modem RESET operations by applying +5VDC to Pin_13
- It isn’t necessary or helpful and often makes the modem behavior even more confusing to understand
- If you think you need to do modem “resets”, then go back and review your existing scripts and procedures, wait times, etc.
- If you still need help, contact Globalstar Customer Care or your Sales Agent
- The Cure: The modem will return to reliable service as soon as the correct procedures are implemented.
The document can be downloaded HERE.
Document Title: GSP-1720 Timing Requirements – Usage Specifications
Globalstar is always available to answer any questions, via online resources or via the Customer Care Center or your Sales Agent
Additional keywords: 1720, sdvm, control